- Explores the boundaries that exist between traditional and popular cultures by investigating and highlighting their connections, but also their differences.
- Challenges traditional connotations of embroidery and seeks to communicate messages of social responsibility through the use of recycled and reclaimed materials.
- I like how both of these artists emphasise the colourful stitching by embroidering onto black and white images, illustrations and text.
- The tapestries depict many of the eccentricities and peculiarities associated with life in the UK, from interior design to British cuisine, political protest and celebrity gossip.
- ‘Culture Fuse’ is an exploration of the merging of different cultures using shapes and patterns, combined with a naive tribal style.